Skip to main content

But if I have spoken rightly, why do you strike me? (John 18:23)

Image from bibleencylopedia.com

But if I have spoken rightly, why do you strike me? (John 18:23)

Jesus stands before Annas, the high priest, and His answer from yesterday to repeated questioning from all, prompted an officer to strike Jesus on the face. Thus, Jesus' question: But if I have spoken rightly, why do you strike me?

It is sad to hear Jesus even have to ask such a question, but it was all part of the suffering He knew He had to endure for our sake. All the striking, spitting, ridicule, humiliation Jesus suffered was because of our sinfulness. Such is the love of Jesus for you and me.

Have you stopped to think that sometimes our actions strike Jesus in the face again and again? His question still remains; But if I have spoken rightly, why do you strike me?

Let us live a life that glorifies Jesus not strikes Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But to what will I compare this generation?

But to what will I compare this generation? (Matthew 11:16) This question comes during Jesus' discussion about John the Baptist and his ministry and purpose. Jesus is lamenting that while many were touched by it, the generation of unbelievers still continued in their wicked ways. The utter reality of that way of life leaves Jesus asking this question; Could there possibly be anything to compare to a generation that refuses a relationship with their God? How do you see our generation honestly? Have we improved and gotten ourselves closer to God? While I believe there is hope, there is still much to do.

If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? (John 21:22)

If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? Image from bandofbrothersdevotional.com Peter asked Jesus a question about "the beloved disciple," who was John. Peter wanted to know what would happen to John. Jesus replied with the question: If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? And the question was immediately followed by a command, "Follow me!" We can preoccupy ourselves with matters about other people, but the question Jesus asks is about us and what we are doing. And the same command follows that: Follow me! We have barely enough time to worry about our spiritual life, why spend too much time worrying about those for whom we can probably do nothing for? It's like the airline procedure; make sure you're first, then help out. But, Jesus still says, "Follow me!" Dear friends, thank you for reading these points. This was the last question asked by Jesus and so this ends this blog. I have

‘Who touched me?’

‘Who touched me?’ (Luke 8:45) The woman in need touched Jesus. It was her faith that just a touch of Jesus' garments could heal what no doctor had been able to do for twelve years. Touching just the fringe of Jesus' garment restored her to health. It was just a slight touch when a huge crowd was pushing against Jesus to get near to hear what He might say. That touch though, was special for Jesus felt it and asks: ‘Who touched me?’ Daily people may push against us and life may be really pushing us; but do we seek to touch Jesus? This might be the time to seek to touch even just the fringe of His garment to receive a blessing like never before. We know the specialness of a touch from a loved one; come to know the touch of Jesus! Someone did when they sat and wrote, "He Touched Me." You may have a song to share about His touch upon you!